What is Ozone?
The oxygen you breathe is present in the air as a pair of oxygen atoms. This is the most stable form of oxygen, and it’s colorless. Ozone is a blue colored form of oxygen (it's what makes the sky blue), and unlike regular oxygen, it is composed of three oxygen atoms instead of two. It is the addition of the third oxygen atom that makes ozone “supercharged” oxygen, and gives it all of its remarkable medical properties. The use of ozone to treat various medical conditions was first developed in Germany in the early 1950's. Today, medical ozone therapy is common throughout Europe, and its use has gradually been spreading in America over the last 25 years.
How Does Ozone Therapy Work?
Ozone therapy is a unique form of therapy that simultaneously heals and detoxifies at the same time. It provides pain relief while aiding tissue regeneration through activation of stem cells. Ozone Therapy is used to treat a variety of chronic disease including cardiovascular disease, diabetes, Lyme disease, chronic hepatitis, herpes, chronic fatigue states, chemical sensitivity, macular degeneration, chronic bladder conditions, colitis, autoimmune diseases, and Crohn’s disease.
Medical Properties of Ozone
Ozone has five properties that account for why it works so well not only for macular degeneration, but also for most other chronic age related conditions as well:
- Ozone is a potent regulator of the immune system. This means that when the immune system is overactive (as in auto-immune disease), ozone will calm it down. Conversely, when the immune system is under active as in cancer, AIDS, and chronic infections, ozone will stimulate it. This unique ability of ozone stems from its action on the membranes of white cells that causes them to produce immune related messenger molecules called cytokines. Examples of cytokines are gamma interferon, interleukin-2, colony stimulating factor, and TNF-alpha just to name a few.
- Ozone stimulates increased uptake of oxygen by stimulating the enzyme Diphosphoglycerate (DPG). DPG enables the release of oxygen from the hemoglobin molecule so that it can be taken up into the cell. In the absence of an adequate amount of DPG, our cells become starved for oxygen. This is a common problem in diabetics.
- Ozone improves circulation. It does this by enhancing the flow characteristics of blood as a liquid. This effect enables more of the oxygen carrying hemoglobin to reach the capillaries where ultimately the cells will receive more of the oxygen they require. Many patients with chronic inflammatory conditions have impaired circulation.
- Ozone increases antioxidant protection more than any other therapy including vitamin C. Most people with chronic disease have deficient antioxidant defenses.
- Ozone is a powerful mitochondrial stimulant. The fundamental underlying cause behind all degenerative disease from diabetes to heart disease to cancer is decreased mitochondrial energy production. Ozone can often correct this problem.
Is Ozone Therapy Safe?
Ozone injections are extremely safe when performed by a medically trained Ozone Therapy practitioner. The most common symptoms are temporary swelling and bruising at the injection site. Ozone Therapy has been used extensively in Europe over the past 70 years to treat diseases including cancer, heart conditions, diabetes and more.
Stem Cells = The Key to Regeneration
Did you know your body’s own Stem Cells hold the key to repairing damaged cells? Ozone Regenerative Therapy is considered the safest and most cost effective form of Stem Cell Therapy.
What our Patients are Saying
I hope this heartfelt testimony will reach someone that needs the miracle of ozone therapy, herbs and acupuncture for ulcerative colitis. My daughter became slowly ill beginning Feb 2017. She rapidly declined in Mar and lost 60 lbs in 8 weeks. Doctors put her on antibiotics and suggested she had IBS. With no improvement and still getting worse I took her to the emergency room and they couldn't detect a blood pressure. After spending 10 days in the hospital it was determined that she had ulcerative colitis and would be on meds the rest of her life and possibly have to have surgery to remove some of not all of her colon. After she was home and feeling a little better she began treatment with Dr Soto. It has been nothing short of a miracle to see my daughter living again and able to function, laugh, and leave her house without fear of a U C attack. I am 100% convinced the ozone treatment brought healing to my daughter. Dr. Soto is an answer to my prayers and the love of the staff and doctor brings tears of joy to me each time I think about how ill my child was. Thank you Dr. Soto, Nicole and Marina, we love you all.
I have been to Dr Soto's clinic many times throughout the last several years. I was recently diagnosed with Lyme disease, and she was one of the only doctors who took my case seriously. When I first came to Dr Soto, my life was pretty much unbearable, with many symptoms that hampered my normal life. After a few months of treatment, I started to feel extremely different. I feel like I was able to have a normal life again, and the quality of life truly improved. I couldn't have done it without her. Dr. Soto's practice is very cutting edge, and takes advantages of treatments such as Ozoning and unique, custom formulated herbal blends. I would recommend her to anyone looking to improve his or her quality of life. Her practice is a true center for feeling, and my life has been changed for the better.