Vitamin D is in a group of fat-soluble vitamins which encourages the absorption and metabolism of calcium and phosphorous.
Researchers at the University of Minnesota found that Vitamin D levels in the body at the start of a low-calorie diet predict weight loss success, suggesting a possible role for vitamin D in weight loss.
WHAT DO WE NEED VITAMIN D FOR?
- Conditions of the skin or bones
- An immune system regulator
- May have a key role in helping the brain to keep working well in later life
- Probably linked to maintaining a healthy body weight
- May reduce the severity and frequency of asthma symptoms, and the likelihood of hospitalizations due to asthma
- Various studies have shown that Vitamin D may help reduce the incidence of cancer